Monday, August 1, 2011

I had a dentist appointment this morning, which went MUCH better than expected!

I had a dentist appointment this morning, which went MUCH better than expected! But when I set up my absence announcement on my employer's version of gCal, I put in the location "State of Agony" in the 'invitation' I sent to my team.

When the reminder went out, it provided a link to the location I had provided. Out of curiosity, I clicked it. Up popped a map of Manhattan, with an address on Third Avenue in East Harlem. It was labeled "State of Agony."

I assumed this was just a Google in-joke, but at maps.google.com it is revealed that Google was guessing that I was really after the Church of the Holy Agony. Which is not a Monty Python skit, but an actual Catholic Church in Manhattan (with a Wikipedia entry).

Though it SHOULD BE a Monty Python skit. Obviously.