Sunday, November 17, 2019

Above Marin


My friends were up for an easy hike, so I suggested we walk Tennessee Valley.  It's a gorgeous part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (nps.gov/goga), and relatively flat.  It's been years since I've been there, but it is a lovely place. So, off we went.

We parked near the GGNRA Tennessee Valley sign, started off at a trailhead, and and then walked up, up, and more up while I marveled at how I didn't recognize anything at all.  Was it because I had biked in?  Was it because it had been so many years?  And where did all these stairs come from?

We weren't on the Tennessee Valley trail: we were climbing up the Oakwood Meadow Trail (which isn't for bikes, which led me to believe I'd just skipped it), all the way to this view on the Alta Trail.

It was worth it, this view.  Only because my friends forgave me.