Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sunday morning in my garden



Last year, I had my yard violently cleared beyond what I intended (who tosses out potted plants from a patio when clearing overgrowth in yard??) in preparation for construction that... should have already been completed.  My yard was quite bare, which is giving me a chance to start over after construction (should that ever occur!).

The autumn rain pleased my established plants, and delighted many hidden seeds, which are eager for more rain.

I've been engaging in SF's Social Distancing experiment to prevent the rapid spread of coronavirus for two weeks, and wanted to spend some socially distant time outdoors, without venturing far from home.  A little time in the garden with a cup of hot sencha and my iPhone camera allowed me to appreciate the expanding vision of spring that my yard contains.

Top: tea tree (maybe Leptospermum scoparium), local alyssum, some kind of crocosmia
Middle: local flower (Fumaria capreolata!), euphorbia, camellia (likely japonica)
Botton: California poppy (Eschscholzia californica), wood sorrel (Oxalis stricta), camellia (Camellia japonica).