Sunday, November 29, 2015

It's another day with strong light, and so I gave up on my chores anddecided to both test a gift camera (a Polaroid...

It's another day with strong light, and so I gave up on my chores and decided to both test a gift camera (a Polaroid Sun 660) and burn through the old 2013 Impossible film in my fridge, after realizing that the old film packs I didn't refrigerate don't work at all. (The chemistry dried up.)

Thanks to good storage, I got lucky, and each package worked.

I just had to get used to the Sun 660's always-flashes warm up time, which is longer than expected. The shutter won't fire until the flash is charged, so you don't waste film... but I didn't believe the camera was working at all! The secret is to hold the shutter button down "halfway" until a red light in the viewfinder goes out. This requires patience!

My smartphone improves the contrast of the prints, but still gives a good general idea of what the Impossible Project's 2013 color 600 films were like.

It was good to get away from my chores for a few hours!

#theimpossibleproject #sanfranciscowinter #polaroid