Sunday, December 27, 2015

I've finally looked at the scans of my Lomochrome Purple film test, which I exposed in a Lomography Bel Air camera.

I've finally looked at the scans of my Lomochrome Purple film test, which I exposed in a Lomography Bel Air camera.  

The near-infrared (Kodak Aerochrome-like) film is great, but the zone-focusing Bel Air plastic camera (which is a replacement for a previously returned camera that could only produce soft-focus images) is unreliable: only six of twenty-four images came out in focus.  Infrared light wavelengths are a bit different than visible light wavelengths for focusing purposes, so the choice of this film wasn't ideal for a camera test... but my Bel Air images focused to infinity are fuzzy, which is unexpected.

The film is quite nice, and I plan to use more of it (in a reliable, antique camera of mine).

#lomochromepurple   #lomographyfilm   #film   #filmphotography   #infrared